Friday, April 12, 2013

Musings from another time and place!

I have noticed some traffic on an old blog I had that was part of an independent study course that I set up for myself when I was studying abroad in Russia.  The course ended up being somewhat of a failure, as my Russian was not so great, and I did not get to really appreciate a lot of the museums I went to because I could not read about what I was seeing.  On the other hand, there is quite a lot about my cultural impressions from my time there and chats with friends and teachers about Russia vs. America in terms of politics, culture, religion, etc.  If you are interested in reading some about my experiences in Russia, feel free to check out the blog.  I do have to note, I was much more idealistic about the world and politics in particular than I am now.  That idealism really shows though. 

Peter the Great in St. Petersburg

St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow

Russian Maritime Museum in St. Petersburg (Yes, I was boat obsessed then too!)

Fountain at the Summer Palace outside St. Petersburg

Another time and place blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment