Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sometimes the sea giveth....

So I scored a free fender for my boat today.  One of the perks of working on the water front, and it being the slow season, is that I get to hang out on the wharf checking out the action of the day.  Today a fender (a bumper to keep the boat from getting damaged from the dock, pier, another boat, etc) lazily floated down next to the wharf and was deposited by the sea wall when the tide went out.  Luckily no one else had the same idea to climb down to grab it.  On the other hand, it is all covered in sea slime, scales, etc., so I guess I should not be surprised.  While I know it was just luck, I expect there to, at some point, be a post entitled "...and sometimes the sea taketh away".  Hopefully it will be equally as minor. 

I raise my glass to you Neptune.  Thanks for the fender!

No comments:

Post a Comment