Thursday, June 20, 2013

And now, for something completely different!

If you were thinking that I have a one track mind, and all it is saying is "SAILING SAILING SAILING SAILING SAILING!!!!!" you would be mistaken.  Here is one of the other projects that I am working on at the moment!


Meet the offending part!  This is the mono shock for the rear suspension on my bike.  It is original, never rebuilt, probably not replaced.  That means it is 23 years old and has 63000 miles on it.  Yes, 63 THOUSAND miles.  For a bike, that is a lot of miles for the suspension.  Unfortunately, these shocks are not rebuildable without modification.  I am going to attempt to modify the shock so it can be rebuilt, and hopefully save myself a few pennies.  If it doesn't work out, then I will have to do a suspension conversion.  Either way, I will be happy to get back out on the motorcycle again!!!


Lots more to come on the boat project, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment